The owners of this steep property on Bowen Island lived in a small cottage on the lot until they were prepared to build their house. Our mandate was to tie the existing cottage into the new development. The owners loved modern architecture, and particularly liked spacious, loft-like environments. The resulting 3 bedroom house is a bold and highly personalized statement.
- Passive solar strategies, including an exposed concrete slab with radiant heat at the main floor
- Rainwater catchment and storage cistern
- Locally sourced log posts on the interior and exterior
- Locally sourced framing lumber, trim and interior finishes, milled by the owners
- Custom metal work for guardrails, fabricated by the owner
- Indoor air quality—use of healthy interior materials and finishes
Click on the images below to enlarge.Click Esc to stop